The world can definitely feel a little scary and it’s completely natural to feel overwhelmed right now. Give your brain a break and look after your mental health by trying these:
- Talk to someone about how you feel – a friend, family member, teacher, helpline
- Have a break from social media
- Use your phone settings to limit your screen time per day or use an app like ‘Hold’ or ‘Forest’ to help you stay focused
- Limit yourself to only checking the news once or twice a day and try to get your information from reputable websites (e.g. the NHS and Government websites).
- Distract yourself with lighthearted TV, Films or Podcasts
- Start a new book you’ve wanted to read for a while
- Practice Mindfulness with free apps such as: Headspace, Aura, Calm, Stop Breathe Think
You can find lots of other great tips and advice for looking after your mental health in the Young Minds blog.